Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Pictures and an Update

Hey hey. I'm a blogging machine these days. So. . .went to Chuisac, the village outside of San Martin. We finished a stove, the one in the school. It was a lot of work but really fun. It felt good to see some final results. We also had a fire outside of Katie's house that night which was AMAZING. I love campfires. . . We ate some good food thanks to Dana's cooking, played a lot of Boggle, and just hung out. I'm attaching pictures at the bottom of this update. There will be some pictures of the first phase and the second.

Also, some random stuff. 1: Music that I heard on the chicken bus on ONE trip: Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, and Bryan Adams. I laughed out loud. 2. I went to the market and got a bag of jalapenos, a pound of potatoes, a pound of tomatoes, a pound of blackberries, 6 zucchini-like things, a head of broccoli, and a cucumber for under 3$. Amazing. 3. It's freezing here. I go to bed with sweats, shirt, sweatshirt, socks, a scarf, and my hood up. Also my sleeping bag is on top of my bed for extra warmth. It's cold out, lots of wind, no insulation or heating in the houses. Brrr. ..

Here are the pictures I promised. . . there are some of my house and the others are of the various parts of the stove project.


my kitchen



My front room


pila, dish keeper, outside that's inside. . . generally where i do most work like dishes, laundry, etc. The stairs lead to my roof. .



Entryway, bookshelf. Looks almost like the states :)



Shower. Pepto Pink Bathroom. .



Bathroom again. . .



Girls from my Girls Group making earrings. . .



Mixing lye or lyme. . . burns the eyes and nose!



Mixing cement . .



You have to level EVERYTHING.



Making rebar cage to reinforce cement in base. . . With Debbie and some Guatemalan kids. . .



Leveling everything. .



Campfire. . . Love it. .



Girls hard ar work!



Finished product!!

No comments: