Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Para Empezar

For those of you who know me, you know that I am leaving for a HUGE trip on Jan 6, 2008, not to return until April of 2010. I am setting out for Guatemala as a volunteer for the Peace Corps in a short time. My specific title will be a School Health Facilitator, which I understand to mean that I will be working with rural primary schools to develop health, nutrition, and sanitation programs to help the overall health of these children, and eventually the following generations. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. . . First, all of the Peace Corps Guatemala crew will meet in Washington DC for a 2 day staging, or orientation. . . Then we depart for Guatemala! For the first 3 months we have training in Santa Lucia Milpas Altas and its surrounding areas, and at the end of  that I will know where I will be spending the next 2 years of my life! Oh, the suspense. . 

 I know I will miss home and all of my friends so much, so please keep in touch! I'll post more contact information shortly. . .Stay tuned for more entries which I'm sure will be more interesting. 




No comments: